This week we read about five stages of team development: forming, storming, norming, performing and adjourning. After considering the adjourning phase of several of the groups in which I have been involved, the hardest good-byes were the ones that everyone worked as a team, and a large value on trust and respect occurred.
High-performing groups are difficult to leave, because there is typically a mutual respect for outcomes that do not obviously occur in under-performing groups. I believe that when I adjourn from the group of colleagues that I have formed here at Walden, I will be sad. I think that we have gained a mutual respect for one another. I believe that it is because we have not meet each other in person, and we write about our thoughts, and share our feelings. We have formed, and stormed in building a camaraderie with our peers.
I believe that the adjourning stage is essential to teamwork because it allows for some closure and in certain cases, a promise for continued support. This support is essential in the building of long-term friendships and peer relations. I am anxious to finish my Master's degree here at Walden, but will miss the communication and support that I receive from my colleagues in my classes.
Reference:
Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html
High-performing groups are difficult to leave, because there is typically a mutual respect for outcomes that do not obviously occur in under-performing groups. I believe that when I adjourn from the group of colleagues that I have formed here at Walden, I will be sad. I think that we have gained a mutual respect for one another. I believe that it is because we have not meet each other in person, and we write about our thoughts, and share our feelings. We have formed, and stormed in building a camaraderie with our peers.
I believe that the adjourning stage is essential to teamwork because it allows for some closure and in certain cases, a promise for continued support. This support is essential in the building of long-term friendships and peer relations. I am anxious to finish my Master's degree here at Walden, but will miss the communication and support that I receive from my colleagues in my classes.
Reference:
Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html
Christelle
ReplyDeleteAdjourning from a group brings about closure and completion of ones goal or objective. I certainly believe that once this group of colleagues depart from Walden would be a sad occusation because each individual will be going their separate ways.
I think adjourning from a group where you've shared your personal experiences and developed a relationship can be hard for anyone. Working in groups can bring about so many wonderful memories and to accomplish that goal and leave it in the end cause sadness upon a person.
ReplyDeleteI appreciated collaborating with you through the course reading your point of view. I wish you the best in your future at Walden!
ReplyDeleteAlissa