While there are many individuals that communicate for a living, I have seen a few in my lifetime that have motivated me. One of the most intriguing and competent people that I've ever seen is Vice President Joe Biden. I had the opportunity to see Vice President Biden at the YWCA National Conference in Washington, D.C. this past May. While he spoke of many things, he eloquently spoke and motivated the room of people.
It may be hard for people to believe, but Vice President Biden used to stutter. He was harassed by peers and his teachers while growing up. He practiced diligently to overcome this challenge, and has become a lawyer, a Senator and the Vice President of the United States. One of the best things about Biden was that he was funny, and rational. His address to the women at the National Conference was interesting, informative and influential.
I would like to be able to communicate as clearly and eloquently as he does. He may be nervous before he speaks, but he does not show that when he is speaking passionately about his views.
You can see the video on C-SPAN. Regardless of your political beliefs, Joe Biden is who I belief to be a competent communicator.
References:
C-SPAN (Executive Producer). (2012). Vice President Biden on Violence Against Women Act [Webcast]. Retrieved from http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/305843-1.
National Public Radio (Executive Producer). (2008). Joe Biden:From Stuttering to Power [Webcast]. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93914952.
It may be hard for people to believe, but Vice President Biden used to stutter. He was harassed by peers and his teachers while growing up. He practiced diligently to overcome this challenge, and has become a lawyer, a Senator and the Vice President of the United States. One of the best things about Biden was that he was funny, and rational. His address to the women at the National Conference was interesting, informative and influential.
I would like to be able to communicate as clearly and eloquently as he does. He may be nervous before he speaks, but he does not show that when he is speaking passionately about his views.
You can see the video on C-SPAN. Regardless of your political beliefs, Joe Biden is who I belief to be a competent communicator.
References:
C-SPAN (Executive Producer). (2012). Vice President Biden on Violence Against Women Act [Webcast]. Retrieved from http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/305843-1.
National Public Radio (Executive Producer). (2008). Joe Biden:From Stuttering to Power [Webcast]. Retrieved from http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93914952.
Christelle,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post! I loved reading about your experience with this, how exciting! It sounds to me that because how Mr. Biden moved you it helped you to see how effective he was at communicating. It's amazing how well we respond when someone touches us emotionally.
Good job,
Cortnee :)
I never would have considered Vice President Biden for this assignment. I do agree that he is a great speaker as is our President. That was a wonderful choice.
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love VP Joe Biden. Great choice fr an excellent communicator. I chose our great President. They are both great speakers.
ReplyDelete