The show that I watched without sound was King of Queens. This was an old show from the late 1990s - early 2000s. The show is listed as a comedy, so the expectation was that the dialogue would be funny.
The show had three main people living in a what looked like a nice house. There was an older gentleman played by Jerry Stiller, and a younger couple. The young man played by Kevin James was husky, and worked in a shipping company. The young woman played by Leah Remini was dressed well and worked in an office.
While watching the sitcom I noticed that James' character was often seen eating large amounts of food. His wife was shopping for new outfits. They seemed to be in love. They showed the couple kissing and hugging each other. The young man showed irritation with the older gentleman.
When I rewatched the episode, I noticed that many of my thoughts were correct. Many times throughout the episode Kevin James is picked on because of his size. He and his wife are in love but tease each other over the other's faults. Kevin James is picked on for his weight, and Leah Remini is picked on for her shopping habits. Jerry Stiller's character just adds some comedic relief to the show.
It was interesting to observe the show without sound, and see the effects that non-verbal communication plays in everyday life as well as on television.
The show had three main people living in a what looked like a nice house. There was an older gentleman played by Jerry Stiller, and a younger couple. The young man played by Kevin James was husky, and worked in a shipping company. The young woman played by Leah Remini was dressed well and worked in an office.
While watching the sitcom I noticed that James' character was often seen eating large amounts of food. His wife was shopping for new outfits. They seemed to be in love. They showed the couple kissing and hugging each other. The young man showed irritation with the older gentleman.
When I rewatched the episode, I noticed that many of my thoughts were correct. Many times throughout the episode Kevin James is picked on because of his size. He and his wife are in love but tease each other over the other's faults. Kevin James is picked on for his weight, and Leah Remini is picked on for her shopping habits. Jerry Stiller's character just adds some comedic relief to the show.
It was interesting to observe the show without sound, and see the effects that non-verbal communication plays in everyday life as well as on television.
No comments:
Post a Comment