EDU 6005 Week 5 Resources:
- Administration for Children and Families Headstart’s National Research Conference
- Center for Child Care Workforce
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Council for Exceptional Children
- The Division for Early Childhood
- The Erikson Institute
- FPG Child Development Institute
- Harvard Education Letter
- HighScope
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Center for Research on Early Childhood Education
- National Child Care Association
- National Institute for Early Education Research
- Pre[K]Now
- Voices for America’s Children
- WESTED
- Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
- The Brazelton Institute
- Children's Literacy Initiative
- Council for Professional Recognition
- National Education Association
- Pennsylvania Child Care Association
- Pennsylvania Early Learning Keys to Quality
Christelle, I just took a look at the CLI website. Thank you so much. Looks like great information, even helpful learning aids to purchase. Great find!
ReplyDeleteIt is a great program. We used to be part of the initial grant in the School District that I work with. It is a fantastic program, and offers only quality books by award winning authors, and illustrators for use in the early childhood classroom.
DeleteChristelle, Thanks for the great resources! I looked at the Brazelton institute website and found so much helpful information and even more resources, including this video http://www.touchpoints.org/what.is.touchpoints.php
ReplyDeleteI am going to be showing this video at my next class for child care providers. I like the concept of taking responsibility for 'creating' nice communities. It is a wonderful idea that could change so many perspectives and perhaps even change communities.
Anna- I love T. Berry Brazelton. I think that his work has instilled a passion in me for Early Childhood Education, too. Are you familiar with the Mind in the Making series? It is a training for early childhood educators. I taught my staff on it. Below is the link:
Deletehttp://mindinthemaking.org/learningmoduleseducators/
I am a trainer in Pennsylvania. Awesome videos and resources! You should check it out!
Can you believe it, we made it to Week 5. I really enjoyed looking at your resource log. I found one article in the CEC especially interesting. It was about a new teacher who teaches Emotionally Disturbed Children in a Behavior Disorder class. I realize that as a new teacher, it must have been difficult for him to address all problems in that setting especially when Behavior Disorder kids usually feed off of one another. Thanks for the site! I will use it for keeping me abreast of current trends in behaviors etc..
ReplyDeleteHello Christelle,
ReplyDeleteI did not know how much of a difference it was in pennsylvania with the education association requirements. I guess it different in alot of other states. I have not took the time out to look up any different requirements.
Thanks for the insight on a different state.