Welcoming families from around the world is pertinent to helping newly enrolled children become acclimated to an early learning environment. In this specific scenario, I am a Director of an early learning center and we were just informed that a family is enrolling in our program. The family's country of origin is Burma. In order to help the child and his family I would take the following steps:
1. I would learn all that I could about Burma.
2. I would enlist the help of a translator to assist with language.
3. I would research the culture of Burma.
4. I would try to contact colleagues that are familiar with Burmese families.
5. I would encourage the family to ask questions, and become involved if they would like to do so.
By learning and developing a plan for newly enrolled families, the children will be more successful. The culture and community of the program will benefit from involving families as well.
1. I would learn all that I could about Burma.
2. I would enlist the help of a translator to assist with language.
3. I would research the culture of Burma.
4. I would try to contact colleagues that are familiar with Burmese families.
5. I would encourage the family to ask questions, and become involved if they would like to do so.
By learning and developing a plan for newly enrolled families, the children will be more successful. The culture and community of the program will benefit from involving families as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment