Saturday, August 18, 2012

International opportunities and consequences

Over the course of the past eight weeks, we have researched about ongoing trends and issues relating to early childhood education.  With this, we were asked to contact international organizations to gain better insight on early childhood in other countries.  I contacted over ten different people, and did not get one response back.  So for the remainder of the course I researched and gathered information from large international early childhood organizations. I subscribed to webcasts and podcasts from some organizations, and read through others.

I believe that some of the main things that I have learned throughout this course was that there are many organizations that benefit young children.  I have learned that these organizations focus on equity for all children.  How it begins may be different, but ultimately children must be given an opportunity to attend a safe and effective learning environment.  Additionally, I have learned that in order for children to have the opportunity to learn they must have their basic needs met.  Children can't learn without having a safe place to sleep, and food in their stomachs.  Lastly, I learned that we as early childhood professionals must continue to learn and advocate for young children throughout the world.  Being a mother, this effects me personally, while being an early childhood professional, this effects me professionally.

Good luck to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christelle! It has been so wonderful getting to know you better in this course. I love that you brought up the fact that there are wonderful organizations out there that truly try to help children on a daily basis!

    Great job,
    Cortnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christelle,
    I agree theeare still ome organizations out there that love what they do and want to help and see our cildren succeed, all we have to do is get out there andmake ur we recieve wha w need to help also.

    ReplyDelete