It has remained a challenge for me to receive any response from my numerous e-mails to international contacts. I have not received one response. During the first week, I saw no harm in subscribing to the World Forum Radio podcasts just in case my international contacts didn't come through. I am glad that I did. Since subscribing to the world radio forum, I have listened to podcasts regarding many different aspects of early childhood education. Of these podcasts, one from Delphena Mitchell. She runs a program in Belize. She discusses her challenges of running a program that serves children that have been abused. She tells a tragic tale of a young boy that refused to talk for over one year. She built a relationship with the child, and he began talking. This really touched my heart. It proves that if someone takes a little time, and has patience strong bonds can lead to life changing events for young children.
References:
Mitchell, D. (2009). World Forum Radio. http://worldforumfoundation.org/wf/wp/current-work/world-forum-radio/
References:
Mitchell, D. (2009). World Forum Radio. http://worldforumfoundation.org/wf/wp/current-work/world-forum-radio/

I am disappointed in the lack of response I have had as well. I continue to attempt contact in hopes that I will evenatually be able to learn from someone.
ReplyDeleteHi there! I also listened to the podcast about Joseph and was surprised to hear that child abuse is so high in the Caribbean!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Cortnee :)
Podcast sounds like an awesome radio, and I am gald that you are able to share some interest with us.
ReplyDelete