I have decided to investigate the Early Childhood Australia website for this week's assignment. This website has a lot of great information for early childhood educators and parents. Some of the research topics that are discussed on the website include: childhood illness, childhood obesity, school readiness, school transitions, as well as a multitude of other topics.
What I really enjoyed reading about on the website in regards to these research topics listed above is that they have developed "resource themes" that have been developed to assist individuals working with young children. These themes give pertinent information on young children and their development.
Lastly, the code of ethics that the Early Childhood Australia organization holds includes these very important values: "respect, democracy, honesty, integrity, justice, courage, inclusivity, social and cultural responsiveness and education" (ECA, 2011).
Reference:
Early Childhood Australia. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/
What I really enjoyed reading about on the website in regards to these research topics listed above is that they have developed "resource themes" that have been developed to assist individuals working with young children. These themes give pertinent information on young children and their development.
Lastly, the code of ethics that the Early Childhood Australia organization holds includes these very important values: "respect, democracy, honesty, integrity, justice, courage, inclusivity, social and cultural responsiveness and education" (ECA, 2011).
Reference:
Early Childhood Australia. (2011). Retrieved from http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/
It is good to know about school readiness, and school transitions i another country that can give other educators ideas for research as well and how well it worked for them.
ReplyDeleteI also explored the Australian website. It was interesting to me to learn that they are also researching other things like refugees entering into their country illegally. I found that interesting because I wasn't aware that other people would want enter into other countries other than the US illegally.
ReplyDelete