It astounds me that we have made it through another class already. When I began this journey at another institution, I felt that I'd never be able to succeed. This program through Walden University has re-ignited my desire to continue my Master's degree in Early Childhood Education.
This class by Dr. Kien has really been beneficial, not only as a refresher of child development, but to take that basic learning and apply it to my work as a professional. I feel that I have learned more about myself in the last weeks as well. Additionally, I have used the articles, and topics as conversation starters with my staff as well as the families we serve.
I find it difficult to choose just two classmates blogs that I would recommend. I believe that our dedication to early childhood education, as well as our own experiences in the field bring an immense amount of knowledge to our discussions.
I would recommend the following blogs:
Amy P.~ http://butterflychildhood.blogspot.com/
Angela S.~ http://asalasecsblog.blogspot.com/
Ashleigh W.~ http://southernsoulrising.blogspot.com/
Crystal R.~ http://crystaleducation.blogspot.com/
Rene M.~ http://musicwithmoss.blogspot.com/
Shikisha S. ~ http://developingearlychildhood.blogspot.com
Wanda M.~ http://stuckngermany.blogspot.com/
Finally, to end this class I would like to share additional quotes that inspire me to continue my work in Early childhood education:
This class by Dr. Kien has really been beneficial, not only as a refresher of child development, but to take that basic learning and apply it to my work as a professional. I feel that I have learned more about myself in the last weeks as well. Additionally, I have used the articles, and topics as conversation starters with my staff as well as the families we serve.
I find it difficult to choose just two classmates blogs that I would recommend. I believe that our dedication to early childhood education, as well as our own experiences in the field bring an immense amount of knowledge to our discussions.
I would recommend the following blogs:
Amy P.~ http://butterflychildhood.blogspot.com/
Angela S.~ http://asalasecsblog.blogspot.com/
Ashleigh W.~ http://southernsoulrising.blogspot.com/
Crystal R.~ http://crystaleducation.blogspot.com/
Rene M.~ http://musicwithmoss.blogspot.com/
Shikisha S. ~ http://developingearlychildhood.blogspot.com
Wanda M.~ http://stuckngermany.blogspot.com/
Finally, to end this class I would like to share additional quotes that inspire me to continue my work in Early childhood education:
"Once children learn how to learn, nothing is going to narrow their mind. The essence of teaching is to make learning contagious, to have one idea spark another." -- Marva Collins
"They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carol Buchner
My favorite: "A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child." -- Forest Witcraft
Thank you all for sharing in this journey.
I also really enjoyed this class. I had Dr. Kien for the last class and have really come to love her as a professor! It was good for me to have a refresher in child development, especially now that I have been in the field and had some experience. I hope to see you down the road in another class!
ReplyDelete